FernCare Free Clinic is a grassroots project started by a group of people who felt that the residents of Ferndale and surrounding communities would be helped immeasurably by having a free medical clinic close by. We opened the clinic in August, 2010.
The clinic and services are free, but it takes money to provide these services.
To give some idea of the costs:
- $2,500 would sponsor the full cost of one clinic session or annual services for 10 Patients!
- $1,500 sponsors 6 months of liability insurance,
- $850 would pay for one month of the generic medications our practitioners prescribe and pharmacy supplies
- $450 would pay for all of the lab tests required for one month
- $250 sponsors annual services for one patient.
FernCare is not supported by Federal government grants or health insurance billing. We raise money through fundraising events including the Annual Dinner and Annual Appeal, corporation and foundation grants, and donations made directly to us through Paypal or mailed to the clinic:
FernCare Free Clinic Free Clinic,
751 E. Nine Mile Road, Ste. 2
Ferndale, MI 48220.