- OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS oa.org
This program is designed after the Alcoholic Anonymous 12 step program. You can attend any meeting at any time. This program is meant for people who feel their eating is out of control. The cost is a pass the hat donation after each meeting. There is no registration fee and no appointments. Everyone is walk in.
- Tuesday 7 pm Fountains at Franklin 28301 Franklin Theatre room, Southfield, 48075
- Sunday 9:30 am Overeaters Anonymous building. 25511 Southfield 48075
- There are also telephone meetings. Go to the website for more meeting locations and information.
2. Inner Door Center
317 E. 11 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48067
FREE eating disorder recovery support group.
Every Tuesday 7 – 8 pm
3. Weight Watchers
There are locations all over southeast Michigan. The two closest to Ferndale are:
- 9/Greenfield in the Advance building
- Woodward/13 Mile in the strip mall
- Go to the website fore more locations and information.
- The cost is $42.95 monthly or $108.85 for a three month membership.
- Generally people attend once a week but you can attend as many meetings as you wish.
Go to the website for more information.
4. Henry Ford Hospital Weight Management Program
4 month commitment packages. Only HAP insurance pays for the program, everyone else must pay out of pocket. The fee is $300 for 4 months and that includes the orientation fee and both dietician and meal coach appointments every 2 weeks. There is a food service that costs an additional $55 – $85 per week depending on the food package but if a person wants to purchase their own food the dietician works out weekly menus with the person.
This program is out of Ford Hospital in Macomb County.