CHANGE IN ITEMS THAT CAN BE DROPPED OFF AT FERNCARE
FernCare is a drop-off site for SOME usable medical equipment and supplies, and medications SEE BELOW. You may drop-off your donations at FernCare, 751 E. Nine Mile Rd., Ferndale 48220 at the corner of Hilton and E. Nine Mile, northwest corner, during clinic hours: the 1st and 3rd Saturday from 9am to noon or when the office is open; Monday through Friday 9 to 2 pm.
We do not take any OUT OF DATE medications from clinics, nursing homes, hospice care or physician’s offices. The medication drop off is for the convenience of families and individuals. Of course, we still gladly accept medications and medicine vials from groups doing “mini” collections (churches, senior groups, etc.). We hope to help keep no longer needed or used medications from inappropriate use and from being disposed of in a way that is a danger to the environment.
As of September 15, 2017, we will ONLY accept:
1. vision and hearing aid equipment and batteries
2. no longer used medications
3. medical vials NO OPAQUE vials – World Medical Relief is also no longer accepting these
4. disposable diapers, any size
5. disposable bed pads, any size
We have simply run out of room to store larger items at our new clinic space. Please take everything else to World Medical Relief. 21725 Melrose Ave., Southfield MI 48075. 313-866-5333. World Medical Relief is one block north of Eight Mile Road, off Lahser. Both World Medical Relief and FernCare offer IRS approved donation receipts for anything you donate.
FernCare is UNABLE to accept the following item:
- Any narcotics or controlled substances. It is simply too dangerous. Please take controlled substances to your local police station. Most stations now have collection receptacles specifically for medications. Call your local police for a collection site if your city police do not offer this service.
IF YOU NEED MEDICAL EQUIPMENT:
Contact Paralyzed Veterans of America in Novi at 248-476-9000. They loan out equipment at no cost, but do not deliver.
Or, contact World Medical Relief in Southfield at 313-866-5333. They now have a loan closet.